Okay, so there’s no sugar sugar in this recipe. But it is sweet and tangy and spicy. And what’s nice for me as a user of the processing system named for an ancient Japanese secret warrior is that the marinade ingredients all fit in the single serve cup.
- 3 lbs chicken
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tsp ginger
- Prepare the chicken by washing, cutting off fat, cutting out bones, and cutting into 1.5 inch chunks.
- Prepare the marinade.
- Put the apple juice, vinegar, grape seed oil, honey, cinnamon, and ginger into a blender (we use our blender’s singe serve cup, and yes, it is close to too full).
- Blend for 2 minutes on the highest speed or until honey has blended. You’ll know you’re done when the honey is completely mixed in and there isn’t a honey clump on the bottom.
- Put the marinade and chicken in a sealed container and refrigerate for about four hours.
- Cook the chicken thoroughly. I usually put it in a frying pan and cook until most of the marinade is gone.
Let me know what you think. Also let me know what tweaks you make for your family’s palate.